Sunday, April 12, 2009

What to do? What to do?

Okay, so for the past two weekends I have had at least one friend over in the late hours of the night and during these conversations the same topic pops up in there somewhere. We end up talking about someone we know. It's just out of concern of course but I thought about it a lot this week and the more we discuss the topic the more in depth I think about it. Is it really possible for someone to be able to show no emotion? For someone to have things so psychologically embedded in them that they can't get past it? It is. It just makes me want to look at this person and tell him everything I think and tell him that he needs to avoid a certain person and get out. He needs to find a more human and healthy way to relieve the stress that he basically doesn't share with anyone. It makes me sad that this is happening because he seems worn out and out of it and then his friends also suffer from this by worrying about him. All people want to do is just make things better for him and he wont listen to them. He wont listen to an outsider in the situation. He sees things differently and just doesnt want to accept reality. I think people have done what they can until someone thinks of a different idea because forcing him is not the way to do it. It's so hard for me to watch all this happening between my friends because with this kind of situation I know that everyone has to be very careful with what they do or say because they want to maintain a good relationship with him. The only thing I can think of to do right now is to pray about it. Honestly, this really isn't a situation that is the most related to me so I will do what I can. I will support my friends in what they do about this and help them with anything they need. I feel like that's all I am able to do. Unfortunately that's something I really cant stand...the fact that I cant change something for the better when its right in front of my face. I just want him to feel better and be able to be who he used to be and for my other friends so they don't have to worry about him. This is a sticky situation and no one really is sure what to do yet and i have faith in my other friends to come up with something. It's always hard when you want to make a change and you don't know how to or have the power to or the training to. I guess the reality is that only time will tell.

~Stevie~

0 comments: