Sunday, April 12, 2009

Freshman Year Poetry

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND I WROTE THESE THREE YEARS AGO.

Untitled #1

They stand and stare
yet say nothing
like a statue
they say their sorry
and give you their pity

He’s gone and will be forever
figuring out what to do with yourself
you stop there and sob
As tears roll down your face
You realize that nothing will ever be the same

Everything is changing
but I’m standing still
like hitting the pause button
I stand and think
he'll never be back
and he'll never be well
life moves on

days go by
so do weeks
they get longer and longer
like in slow motion
they almost freeze

one thing that saves me
that makes me happy
I can’t always have
my fantastic friends
they're by my side
and support me one hundred percent
with out them I’d be nothing

I take it a day at a time
and move step by step
with people by my side
I keep pushing
life keeps going
and there are ways of going along with it

Untitled #2

She floats away
down the old rugged path
she feels no harm
she is free
traveling as she pleases

she doesn't know where shes going
or where shes been
it doesn't matter

from tree to tree
he follows
as if her shadow

in her ear
he whispers his angelic words
turning around
she follows him

he leads her back down the road
the luminous light gets farther away
and darkness succeeds
shes taken on a treturous journey
the surroundings close in on her
and her sweet melody is mute
everything is turning

helpless and hurting
she feels lost
her once warm heart is frozen
she is slowly slipping away

she screams as loud as she can
but no one hears her
he conscience is gaining up on her
it talks to her
it told her to stay away

soon things start melting
her ivory skin turns to black

her Father is waiting
for those few words
the ones to save her

she suffers
the most anyone could
she knows whats to come

she looks up to the thrown
and beacons her king

forgive me

0 comments: